So here is a post about our garden! Ryan built the frame weeks ago but since then we have not been able to put it together. He has been researching and
researching this to make sure we have the best shot at it...we are not very "green
thumby" if you know what I mean.

Ryan got a mix of Peat Moss, vermiculite, and compost and mixed it all up. Hagen used his Rake...which is the old
pooper scooper rake for Dapper.

After it was all mixed up you had to soak it. That silvery stuff soaked up most of the water and would keep the garden hydrated. It looked like brownie batter when it was done! Hagen was so excited to be a big helper. Noah was napping and Hagen got to help Daddy instead of napping. He is kinda at that point of skipping naps anyway.

Then they had to take the mud and shovel it in. Check out Hagen's shovel...and the amount of mud on it. He took quite a few trips! It was pretty funny...by the way, this is my view from my lounge chair. I was on my stomach trying to get as much sun on my backside as possible. I got BURNED...I
layed there all day. Not smart...and no sunscreen...
I'm an idiot.

The final step was to smooth it all out and water it again. It was almost ready! Ryan actually went out and got more dirt. He wanted more in there and felt it wasn't deep enough.

Ta-
da! The top left is
tomatoes, the bottom left is cilantro, and then chives next to it. We have something for each plot...it is kinda an experiment to see what grows best and what we eat the most of. These were the only ones that were plants that we could find, but more of a shipment is coming on Thursday so we will get the rest then. I'm so proud of Ryan! He did a great job!!
Tata,
Carrie
P.S. The other night at dinner, Hagen told Noah that if he is not a good listener then the Easter Bunny will not come to visit him. I just so happened to be getting up because I remembered a package was on our doorstep. I came back and Hagen's eyes were wide open. He asked me who was at the door and I said the EB and he said he was just checking to see if Hagen and Noah were behaving...Hagen has been a doll ever since...well, almost.
I am so impressed with the garden, Ryan's research, and Hagen's help! Jealous doesn't cover it!!!!!!!!! Our yard is not fenced in here, or I'd be right there with you. Enjoy it......you're doing so much for your fam and the kids will learn a ton!
ReplyDeleteCan hardly wait for fresh tomatoes. Hagen will love watching all the things grow. Its a great idea.
ReplyDeleteHow fun! I don't have a "green thumb" either so don't feel bad.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see how it all turns out!
Yay for the garden!! Very impressed!
ReplyDeleteTrey just surprised me by planting our garden while I was in New York. So excited!
So impressed! I am now going to make Adam make me one.
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed, too! I love that you were watching from your lounge chair the whole time. I LOVE that you told Hagan the EB was at the door.....I am seriusly cracking-up right now!
ReplyDeleteLove the EB situation. I love doing stuff like that to the girls. Sophia is getting too old, but Lainy is so easy. It's things like this that make me want to be a mom.
ReplyDeleteLove the garden pics! And that Hagen is using Dapper's old pooper scooper.
Homegrown tomatoes? Major yum.