Monday, April 26, 2010

Wonderful Weekend

Adam and Rebecca decided it wasn’t a good idea to have Noah spend the night on the first night…but unfortunately it was AFTER the fact. I totally see where they are coming from, but trying to figure out a new baby with a 2 year old has got to be difficult. Noah came back over to our house at 10:30 on Saturday morning. We had a GREAT day!

Hagen and Noah ate lunch at the picnic table outside, we (well, Ryan) put our Garden together, the boys played with wagons, they fought, they made up, they hugged, and they laughed…a lot. Those two love each other so much! Noah took a 2 ½ hour nap and my kiddo did not. But he is OK without one and doesn’t get too out of control. BUT by bath time I am ready for him to be down. I got some SERIOUOS sun on my backside watching my man do the garden. It was so peaceful and beautiful.

On Sunday morning we had a donut taste test. We had no idea what Noah would like so Ryan got him and Hagen a glazed, a blueberry, and then I wanted those hostess chocolate ones so they had those and the little powdered ones. Both boys liked the little hostess powdered ones.

Adam came over around lunch to get Noah and head to the airport to get Rebecca’s parents that are coming for a visit. He said they slept better the 2nd night. She doesn’t like being swaddled with her arms down to her sides…but folded across her chest. I remember Hagen’s first night home was a disaster. I knew so much about babies…I was kind of a baby whisper. But Hagen was out of control! I had that instinct that his circumcision hurt…then I had another instinct that he needed to poop. Well morning came and Ryan and I walked into the doctor office like zombies and they gave him a little bottle of formula and he was quiet. I was starving my kid. I felt like SUCH a loser! Just one of those things you figure out and move on!

I will post pictures of the wonderful garden later. We have cilantro, chives, and tomatoes so far…we are waiting on a new shipment of other veggies to come in on Thursday to plant. We don’t want to do seeds…we want the little plants already started!

Tata,
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for planting a garden! I'm going to have our kids plant pots of basil to see how each of them do. Should be interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are planting a garden. Hagan will have so much fun watching the plants grow. We have a few things....strawberries, green onions, a lemon and orange tree. Most are not doing well(with the excpetion of the strawberries) and Ellery and Dane love to observe how each plant is doing. Great lesson and then you have your own organic produce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see pics of your little garden. Such a neat thing to do!

    ReplyDelete