Tuesday, April 6, 2010

symptoms continued

OK, so I slept like a champ last night and woke up feeling great! No morning sickness, no gagging while brushing teeth...weird huh?!

I ate my egg and drank milk and got in the car to take little man to school...and my vision was "off". You see, when I have spurts of low blood sugar (has only happened a handful of times) it usually starts with my peripheral vision doing a strobe light thing...blinking kinda. Other times I will be having a conversation and have no idea what something is. For example, while talking with my brother and his wife we were discussing grocery stores and they said Albertson's...I had NO idea what that was...it is a grocery store that I visit every so often. I knew that I needed OJ and it was low blood sugar.

So I dropped Hagen off and felt very odd driving and went to sonic...ordered my tea and OJ. Downed the OJ, ate a butterscotch candy (in the glove compartment for such occasions) and sat there for it to get better...it didn't. I drove to work anyway. Luckily I didn't have that busy of a day so it was OK. It would NOT go away and actually got worse...my left arm started going numb. I ate a piece of string cheese and some graham crackers around 10:30 for my AM snack and it seemed to get better. SO, I'm wondering if I had HIGH blood sugar?! I'm not sure.

I called the doctor and they told me to check my sugars 3 times a day and just keep track...they want it to be between 80-100. So I'll do that. They can't test for GD until I am 26 weeks or so.

I felt fine the rest of the day. Came home to crock pot chicken...SO lovely to come home to dinner in the CP!! Love it!

Ryan came home, ate with us, packed, and went back out. He had to go to Fort Worth for a meeting and then had to be there early tomorrow morning so he decided to get a hotel room.

Hagen and I met Noah and Aunt Rebecca at the park and then went to get yogurt...LVOE all the new yogurt places! My favorite is Raspberry mixed with Angel cake/Cheesecake/Vanilla...whatever...so yummy! Hagen's has a drop of yogurt and alot of Marshmallows...he doesn't eat the yogurt so I hardly get him any...plus marshmallows weigh nothing so it is cheaper!!

Tata,
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better soon. That's scary. Be safe and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes...very scary. Take care of yourself! Hope today is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better today. Hope it's not GD. Take care!

    ReplyDelete