Friday, April 16, 2010

We are considering something...I want opinions...

Ryan and I really do not care one way or the other what this baby is. We are just so excited to be having another one. It was always in the back of my mind that Hagen could be the only one.

Ryan and I can both admit that we were hoping our first was a boy. Ryan is adopted and I wanted a boy for him really bad.

Ryan is a man of very few opinions. When he voices his opinion it is a big deal because he hardly ever does. We went on a lunch date (that is the only dates we really do) to eat sushi. He said he wanted me to seriously consider something. I asked him what and he said he really would like to wait and not find out what the baby is. Ultimately it is my decision as he will be fine with whatever I decide.

He said that since we don't care what is in there that why not. Now, it is not just me that would have a hard time not finding out what is in there...my Mother would be chomping at the bit wondering what color to knit/crochet everything. Also, she would be buying boy and girl clothes because the possibility of waiting is just not feasible to her.

If it is a girl I would not go nutso with the nursery. I'm not a very girly girl. But it would be fun to decorate more girly. I think there is some cute gender neutral stuff out there though.

I am coming around on the idea. We found out that Hagen was more than likely a boy at 12 weeks because we did some testing. I am doing the same testing this time and we are going to not ask what it could be...just to try it out (that testing is in 2 1/2 weeks). If we (me) are dying to know then we will find out at 18 weeks.

What I am afraid of is getting attached to one sex (name) and then the other is born and me feeling like I am mourning the other. Do you know what I mean? That sounds morbid, but I'm serious. I told him that if we did wait we would have to have 2 solid name choices for me to start loving. We have a boy name I think but the girl name is the tough part!!

Who has waited? Help me with this decision...I'm leaning toward waiting...Mom, you breathing?

Carrie

10 comments:

  1. This has to be what you and Ryan want. Of Course I want to know so I can buy and make things a head but if you are okay with a yellow or green cashmere blanket then okay. But you have to tell your Dad since I'm not going to!!! Love you anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom...honestly I feel kinda bad about your knitting, etc.! Hagen's cashmere blanket is off white and I LOVE it so stop with the lime/lemon crap! ;) I'm still not sure I can wait...and Ryan will tell Dad...I'm not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carrie, you already know how I feel about this. We waited with Morgan with the intention of finding out with the 2nd one. I can say without reservation that being surprised with Morgan was the absolute best feeling/moment of my whole entire life, and we have decided to wait on our second one also because it was so exciting. It's hard to wait, but you will not be sorry afterwards! If you decide to be surprised and feel weak sometimes, just let me know and I'll give you a pep talk. :) It's the best surprise you'll ever get!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trey and I have already decided that we'll wait on our next one! I think it would be so much fun to be surprised. Good luck with the decision. Just do what's right for y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That would be a fun surprise, but I don't know if I could do it! But you have to do what is right for your family.
    We did wait to find out what Gracie was for awhile because we wanted Haylee there with us when we found out. So, we had all of our family over for dinner--they used pink or blue cups to guess what the baby was--and Haylee pulled out a pink heart out of an enveloope that the sonogram technician put in there. It was fun to see everyones reactions in person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We didn't find out with Liam The fam was bummed but they got over it. Wveryone was chomping at the bit when I went into labor DYING to know what the sex was. It was fun not finding out and all the nurses at the hospital were super excited that we didn't know. Our Dr. held up Liam and asked Michael to announce what he was! It was way cool. I thought I would be disappointed too whether it was a boy or girl...but since it was our first...it really didn't matter. I think it might be different the 2nd time around though. Good Luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's TOUGH! I don't think I could wait! I would want to be imagining a little boy or little girl, I couldn't just NOT KNOW. Whatever you decide works for you guys will be awesome! Have you told Hagen anything? You should let him decide if he wants to know or not! Although, he probably won't really understand yet.....keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is a tough one! I personally don't know if I could wait but I think doing it would be so incredible! Whatever you decide is the best for you guys, as everyone else has said. With Maci, I took a test that said it was a boy around 12 weeks and we totally bought into it. I even bought boy clothes! So when we found out he was in a fact a she, I was SHOCKED! In my head I had already accepted "him" and was excited that it was another boy... but little did we know :)

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Think of it this way, either way it is a surprise, just one is 20 weeks earlier. You know?
    If we had a third we wouldn't find out just b/c we have one of each and all of the stuff a girl or boy needs. But if it is a girl, you need to be PREPARED and we all can shower you with perfect hand me downs and fun things for the nursery.
    Make sense?
    Don't wait, I know this isn't about me but we need to know. Jen about drove me crazy waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOhhh, wow! Such a tough one. I would be DYING if you waited, but I totally agree with your comment about Ryan....he is so laid back and rarely asks for much--this must be pretty important to him. I know he will respect whatever decision you make and you'll make the right one for your family.

    ReplyDelete