My brother and his wife are expecting baby Emily Grace any day now! They moved up her induction date to April 21st...it was supposed to be the 26th. On Monday she was 75% effaced and a 1 cm.
We are on call...Ryan put Hagen's car seat in my car so that if I have to have both boys I can. We will keep Noah while they are at the hospital. Hagen and I will take Noah to school and then pick him up too! Hagen is so excited!!
So in the morning our conversations are like this when I am getting Hagen buckled in:
Hagen: (looking at Noah's car seat) "Baby Emily is still in Aunt Rebecca's belly?"
Me: "yes and when the doctor takes her out then Noah will stay with us for a few days and that is why his car seat is in our car!"
This morning, I added to this conversation:
Me: "you know, we should buy baby Emily a present! What should we get her?"
Hagen: "A baby doll because Grrrr's like baby dolls"
Me: "That's perfect! Let's get Noah a present too...what should we get him?"
Hagen: "Candy! And a mail truck...and I get a present because I am the big Cousin"
Me: "OK, then we will go shop after work today and wrap our presents"
So, we are going shopping today for a baby doll, a mail truck, and some candy. I thought it was so cute that he said "cuz grrrr's like baby dolls".
I love that he is having this trial run! We got Noah's bed all ready last night (Hagen's crib taken down to a toddler bed in the impending baby's room).
Ryan was out of town the past two nights but will be home tonight. I have been kinda pissy...poor Ryan can not do anything right. I bitch at him every chance I get. I can't help it! They are for STUPID things too. I can't just keep my big mouth shut! AND, my patience for my little man is thin...I have caught myself in his face kinda yelling at him a few times. I need to get a grip! In my defense, Hagen has been a bit hard headed lately and putting up BIG fights, but I am the Mom and I need to gain control back of myself. Yelling at an almost 3 year old is NOT "being in control". I feel so bad after I do so. He asked me this morning awhile after I told him to SIT.DOWN if I was happy. I told him that I was sad because he wasn't listening but now that he is listening I am happy.
Get it together Carrie...
Thursday, April 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm the same way. Having Jack and Lainey so close together in age is fun, but exhausting. This morning, I was fussing at them b/c I'm packing and getting ready to fly out tomorrow to Dallas......and Lainey caught me off guard with, "Mama, peeze be nice."
ReplyDeleteUgh. It breaks my heart.
You're right...this is a perfect trial run for Hagen. And so fun for him too!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it funny how a child can snap you in and out of a mood so quickly?? Hang in there. You're a great Mom and wife! And aunt too. :)