
Man, were we ever busy today! I had the day off of work and Ryan had to work. So it was just Hagen and I most of it. He had his egg hunt at school at 10:00 so we were going to drop in for that.
We got up and got ready like normal and left the house. Hagen was surprised when I pulled up to Sonic and ordered him a drink also...apple juice for the little darling and of course Iced Tea for the BIG lady. I realize I am pregnant, but I can not let go of my ice tea...I just can't...I've already given up recreational drugs and alcohol so I've done good.
We went to get gas, the bank, drop off movies, and then we went to Hagen's egg hunt! It lasted all of about 2 minutes. It was crazy and so cute! One little boy was talking around with a flimsy basket and dropping all of his eggs...another boy was just following him and picking up his loot and keeping for his own. Hagen made out good! I was cheering him on so that he can bring Mama some of the candy...
After that we headed out to the Mall...yep, it was time for a picture with the Easter Bunny! It was only 10:30 and the bunny arrives at 10:00 so it shouldn't be that long of a line right?! Wrong...there are other Moms that waited until the last minute also. It was OK...Hagen had time to observe the other tortures and come to grips that the EB really doesn't hurt anyone. He was big...he was brave. We walked up and I asked him if he wanted to sit in EB's lap or on the bench by him. He chose the bench, held EB's hand and SMILED! WOW! I was shocked. What a brave boy you are Hagen..way to go!
They of course had the EB by the petri dish play area. So we stopped there for about 10 minutes. I can't stand that place. I'm really not a germaphobe, but I just picture snot on all of it and gross diaper contents.....ewww!
We survived and went to Daddy's work to see some friends. After that Daddy took us on a date to eat pizza. When we dropped Daddy back off at work he took me out of my car seat and took me for a short walk to the pond to see the alligator! It is an iron sculpture that I ask daddy every night at dinner if he saw...he always sees it!!
We headed home and made a quick stop to get a haircut for Hagen...he looks so handsome. when we got home it was nap time and Hagen slept for 1 1/2 hours and woke up in a great mood!
It was such a nice day today. I'll be honest, his listening skills have been less than stellar lately. We have been very harsh with him and putting him in timeout after ONE warning...enough is enough H-man...It is Mama and Daddy against you and we will win sucka!!
Tata,
Carrie
P.S. Hagen's new phrase is "because that's how I roll..." He uses it in completely inappropriate situations...it is just what he says when he has nothing to say. Kinda cute...
We got up and got ready like normal and left the house. Hagen was surprised when I pulled up to Sonic and ordered him a drink also...apple juice for the little darling and of course Iced Tea for the BIG lady. I realize I am pregnant, but I can not let go of my ice tea...I just can't...I've already given up recreational drugs and alcohol so I've done good.
We went to get gas, the bank, drop off movies, and then we went to Hagen's egg hunt! It lasted all of about 2 minutes. It was crazy and so cute! One little boy was talking around with a flimsy basket and dropping all of his eggs...another boy was just following him and picking up his loot and keeping for his own. Hagen made out good! I was cheering him on so that he can bring Mama some of the candy...
After that we headed out to the Mall...yep, it was time for a picture with the Easter Bunny! It was only 10:30 and the bunny arrives at 10:00 so it shouldn't be that long of a line right?! Wrong...there are other Moms that waited until the last minute also. It was OK...Hagen had time to observe the other tortures and come to grips that the EB really doesn't hurt anyone. He was big...he was brave. We walked up and I asked him if he wanted to sit in EB's lap or on the bench by him. He chose the bench, held EB's hand and SMILED! WOW! I was shocked. What a brave boy you are Hagen..way to go!
They of course had the EB by the petri dish play area. So we stopped there for about 10 minutes. I can't stand that place. I'm really not a germaphobe, but I just picture snot on all of it and gross diaper contents.....ewww!
We survived and went to Daddy's work to see some friends. After that Daddy took us on a date to eat pizza. When we dropped Daddy back off at work he took me out of my car seat and took me for a short walk to the pond to see the alligator! It is an iron sculpture that I ask daddy every night at dinner if he saw...he always sees it!!
We headed home and made a quick stop to get a haircut for Hagen...he looks so handsome. when we got home it was nap time and Hagen slept for 1 1/2 hours and woke up in a great mood!
It was such a nice day today. I'll be honest, his listening skills have been less than stellar lately. We have been very harsh with him and putting him in timeout after ONE warning...enough is enough H-man...It is Mama and Daddy against you and we will win sucka!!
Tata,
Carrie
P.S. Hagen's new phrase is "because that's how I roll..." He uses it in completely inappropriate situations...it is just what he says when he has nothing to say. Kinda cute...
Hagen is brave sitting on that Easter Bunny's lap. TM won't have a thing to do with him.
ReplyDeleteBut I guess that's how Hagen rolls.
I'm so glad you gave up recreational drugs. You are taking this whole motherhood thing seriously. Well done, Carrie. Proud of you.
ReplyDeleteHappy Easter. Love you and your precious family!