Monday, April 19, 2010

Whatever...

...OK, so waiting to find out what this baby is lasted about 2 hours. I was serious about it too! I was all excited and giddy at the thought of waiting!

Then, I started looking for gender neutral stuff for a nursery. You also see boy and girl things when looking and I started worrying about not being in love with the nursery. I started worrying about the baby not having "boy things" or "girl things"...I started worrying about really thinking it was one and then the other is born and me feeling a loss...I started thinking it could be my Mom's last grandchild and if it is a girl how much she would LOVE to knit and crochet every hat she came across and pink bears like the ones that Hagen has fallen in love with.

I told Ryan that I gave it a good consideration and he said, "that's all I wanted you to do"...I told him I don't think I can wait, he said, "not a problem...whatever you decide is fine". What a good man.

Looking back at me even CONSIDERING waiting is a joke. If you know me well you know that I would NEVER be able to wait! I mean, I would if I had to. I was thinking what if I didn't find out at 12 weeks trying to wait and then the little bean crossed it's legs the rest of the pregnancy! That still may happen but if there is a chance to find out I want to prepare.

We had a relaxing weekend for the most part. I switched out closets...my 1/2 is ridiculous! My maternity clothes are winter so I do not have many things. I'm hoping that my dresses will work for awhile. I looked at maternity swimsuits online...what a freaking joke. I may swim in my maternity jeans...I''m serious.

Saturday was Noah's 2nd birthday party. It was at a gymnastics place. Hagen had a BALL! He was the oldest kiddo...one of the smallest, but the oldest! They each had their own trampoline for a bit, then they played parachute, then they played in the foam pit...Hagen LOVED the foam pit. He would run down this long trampoline thing and jump into the pit, then he went for a swing on a rope like Tarzan and fell in, then he ran and went up a ramp and jumped in, and then he slid down a slide into the pit. It was SO fun!

We ate like crap this weekend. 2 meals of Pizza and one of wings. I made spaghetti with salad last night and our bellies appreciated the veggies I'm sure!!

Ryan is out of town again...today and tomorrow. He said he will be home tomorrow night. I hope so because Noah is coming to spend the night because Adam and Rebecca are heading to the hospital to be induced!! Emily will be here on Wednesday!!

Carrie

8 comments:

  1. I couldn't wait either!! Can't wait to hear the sex!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww!! That didn't last long. :) I agree with you about the gender-neutral stuff. We didn't buy anything for the nursery until after Morgan came (she just stayed in a bassinet our room for a while anyway, so we had time).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wore my two piece the entire pregnancy with TM. Seriously, it is so freeing! You don't have to suck in and everyone thinks you are cute.

    So don't even bother with the maternity swimwear. Also, my friend with my maternity just had her baby yesterday, so I will have her box up all of the summer goodies and you can pick them up from her. In Fort Worth if you don't mind. But lots and lots of cute stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh COCO! That is AWESOME!! I would love to borrow if you are willing to let me !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you on the not being able to wait thing. There is no way I could have waited. I had to have everything ready!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Selfishly, I am excited that you will find out--proud of you for considering waiting, though. I would LOVE to give you my maternity clothes, but you will have to come visit me to get them--interested?????

    ReplyDelete
  7. BAH! I knew you couldn't wait! The fact that you even debated was admirable, but come on. I could NEVER wait. And I think mourning the loss of a gender (sounds weird, but you know what I mean) is no bueno.
    YaY! Pleeeease keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, can't wait to find out the sex! :)

    ReplyDelete